Friday, July 16, 2010

You are a Pineapple, and I am gonna eat you all up!




My day starts at 7:30 a.m. when I walk through the Buchanan's door. Hannah and Haven sit bright eyed and bushy tailed, waiting to discover today's festivities. I whisper a word or two to their mom about the splash pad in Noble- the girls overhear me, and it is settled, we will be taking a trip to Noble to play in the water.
It is now 8:00 a.m. and Haven is now asking for the 15th time "Are we going to the Splash Pad now?" I laugh to myself and try to force away my insanity. I then tell them to pick out a movie. Bambi II is Hannah's choice, and surprisingly, they both sit through the entire show. . "HALLELUJAH!!"
9:35 a.m. - the show is over (I need more time!). Haven puts in Open Season- it buys me another half hour. It is 10:20 a.m. and the girls are in their suits while I am making PB&Js, packing Haven's apple juice, and combing hair into ponies (twice on Haven- she didn't like it the 1st time).
On the road!!! We listen to some T. Swift and then Hannah discovers that I have the song fireflies about the time we are passing my house- it replays 5 or 6 times upon request (Good thing I don't mind Owl City ;]
We finally arrive at our destination (Haven almost falls asleep on the way there). We finally figure out how to turn the water on and I lay down some ground rules.
#1. Walk
#2. No running
#3. DO NOT RUN!!!!!

I set them free, a moment later I turn my back and hear a solid thud followed by tears. I turn and Haven is on the ground behind me holding her head. She broke all the rules and justice was served. I helped her up and tell her she is going to be fine- She believes me, giggles, and walks back to play with Hannah! They have a blast and they eat their cute little packed lunches. After a solid hour they are ready to head back to Purcell.
Hannah wants to show me that she has been practicing her basketball shot so we stop by the Multi and she shoots around for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, I am spinning Haven in circles and playing tag.
It is now 1 p.m. and I am wiped out. We head back to my house and the girls watch SHUNGEBOB (Have's favorite). During their awesome snack (graham crackers with sugar and cream cheese filling) the doorbell rings. The Moxie boys, Josh and Landon stop by to say hello. Hannah and Haven fall in love and start bouncing off the walls. There are at least ten playful timeout warnings. The boys literally can not get out the door because the girls have their arms wrapped around their ankles.
Then the real flirtin' words came out.
-Boys have cooties
- No girls have cooties
- well, boys wear diapers
- girls are icky
(Haven PONES Josh) -"O Yeah? Well, you are a Pineapple, and I am gonna eat you all up!"
I fall over laughing, and it is even more funny because I am pretty sure I am the only person that hears her. The boys say their goodbyes to get back to work.
3:50 p.m. I load the girls in the car, and Hannah is ecstatic. I walk them in their house; Hannah greets her dad with "O MY GOSH, Best day ever! Tara has the cutest friends ever!!!!
(chuckle) 4:00 p.m. THE END


No comments:

Post a Comment