Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The worst sunburn my face has ever experienced

I took Conlee and Capri to swim today and we had so much fun!
It was good to get a little bit of sun, 
because I feel like I have spent most of the summer hiding inside with my sewing machine.
About two hours after we came back to the house my face started to burn and itch like crazy. 
Now it feels like I have one of those cucumber masks on that makes your face feel all tight and leathery.
I used my microderm abrasion gel thinking my skin was just really dry.
My face rejected the abrasion--and my face bled a little. . 
I put on some moisturizer.
It burned like salt in an open wound..
I washed the moisturizer off and the burn only increased. .
"WHAT IS HAPPENING TO MY SKIN?
MY FACE IS NOT EVEN RED!!"
(I think to myself whilst I stand under the ceiling fan soothing the burn)
I REMEMBER! 
"Exposure to sunlight while using this product may cause skin irritation"
(Warnings from the label on the cream I recently started using on my face)
So I contemplate whether to use the product again or not.
I go for it! And guess what happened?!
It soothed the burning deep inside my skin!
Go figure, the same product that caused me so much pain is the only one that makes it feel better!

This photo has no relation to today, but the face pretty much sums up the way I am feeling

2 comments:

  1. haha the picture at the end is my fav.

    p.s. I can tell you been hanging out with chandler all summer ("I REMEBER!")

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parley, it was an honest mistake. I know how to spell remember, but maybe I just had a stuffy nose that day and meant to say remeber

    ReplyDelete