Sunday, November 14, 2010

Always Remember Him

Last night I attended one of the most tender baptisms.

My friend Do from Vietnam who was my FHE brother last year in Heritage Halls and now lives in the same apartment complex that I do made sacred covenants with the Lord.
The Bishop was so impressed when people flooded through the doors to support Do in his decision. We were all so excited for him, and we are ready to watch him grow in the gospel.
It was so sweet when he asked all of us girls (his FHE sisters) to participate in the program. Lauren and I offered the prayers and Ashley spoke about the covenants of baptism and Mandy shared her testimony of the power of the Holy Ghost. It was the perfect way to spend a Saturday evening after a busy school week.
I was reminded of the covenants I made so many years ago as an 8 year old girl. I was humbled by Do's obedience to the Lord and his testimony of prayer and his belief in a true and living God. He is going to be a great tool in the hands of the Lord, and I know he has already strengthened my testimony of the Savior.
On a random note- I laughed as I watched Do get dunked twice because the water level was only at his thigh and his knee came out of the water the first time. He then told us how cold the water was when he got in the font. I told him that we are kindred baptism spirits because the water was turning to ice at my baptism and my knee came out of the water the first time :]

Do, always remember how much you are loved :]


1 comment:

  1. You are quite a special spirit Tara, I'm really impressed by you

    ReplyDelete