Sunday, December 4, 2011

The GRATITUDE Challenge

Take a Gratitude Challenge
By John Hilton III and Anthony Sweat
Let's not just talk about counting our blessings--let's do it! Write a list of 100 things you are thankful for. If it sounds like too many, try this:

Write 10 physical abilities you are grateful for.
    1. I can walk
    2. and run
    3. and use my hands to make things
    4. and use my eyes to see when I am sewing
    5. I am grateful that I can hear music and laughter
    6. I am grateful for the ability to see the beauty in all things
    7. I am grateful that I am able to take care of myself, and others when needed. 
    8. I am grateful for my strength 
    9. and for the ability to laugh 
    10. and mostly, I am grateful for my smile
  1. Write 10 material possessions you are grateful for.
    1. I am grateful for my scriptures, because the Lord gives me guidance when I study them
    2. I am grateful for my phone, so I can talk to my family 
    3. I am grateful for my ipod, so I can listen to music on my long drives to Ogden
    4. I am grateful for my new Madden Girl boots because they keep my feet warm and they are cute
    5. I am grateful for my ruby ring that is a constant reminder to be virtuous (Proverbs 31:10)
    6. I am grateful for my bed, because it is warm and I can sleep in it. . and sleep makes me happy
    7. I am grateful for my backpack, because it is really comfy and carries all my books for me
    8. I am grateful for my service journal, because it gives me strength when I reflect back on it
    9. I am grateful for my nail polishes, because I paint my nails with Lauren and it makes us happy
    10. I am grateful for my curling iron, because nothing can bring you down on a good hair day

  2. Write 10 living people you are grateful for.
    1. I am grateful for the Savior, because every decision I make is based on His life and ministry
    2. I am grateful for my Aunt Jen because she is such a strong woman and I love her
    3. I am grateful for my sisters, because I love them and look to them as examples of righteousness
    4. I am grateful for my mom and dad and brothers and sisters, because they love me with all their heart
    5. I am grateful for Bishop Fox for taking care of me and my roommates
    6. I am grateful for my roommates Lauren and Mandy, because they make me happy :)
    7. I am grateful for the Roberts Family, because they are my home away from home
    8. I am grateful for CapriLee because she makes me so happy with her sweet spirit and witty humor
    9. I am grateful for the service council members, because they are great examples of charitable love
    10. I am grateful for Riley, because although he is a punk- he is a great friend. 

  3. Write 10 deceased people you are grateful for.
    1. I am grateful for my Grandma Rosemary, because she did so much for her children in her short time here on Earth. 
    2. I am grateful for President Gordon B. Hinckley, because he taught me how to be a loving wife and mother
    3. I am grateful for Marjorie Hinckley, for being such an enduring woman and a great example to me
    4. I am grateful for my Grandma Mary for taking me to Peter Piper Pizza when I was little 
    5. I am grateful for the Prophet Joseph, for all his sacrifice in restoring the Gospel of Jesus Christ
    6. I am grateful for Audrey Hepburn and her style- so classy
    7. I am grateful for Heath Ledger and his strong jaw. 
    8. I am grateful for the pioneers and the journey that they endured
    9. I am grateful for Walt Disney, because I love Disney movies and Disney Land
    10. I am grateful for my native ancestors for signing the rolls. . . SCHOLARSHIPS!!

  4. Write 10 things about nature you are grateful for.
    1. I am grateful for the trees and the changing colors in the Fall
    2. I am grateful for the summer sun and the warmth it brings
    3. I am grateful for the grass, and laying down a blanket to study in the Spring
    4. I am grateful for the mountains and the beauty they provide
    5. I am grateful for thunderstorms and the claps of thunder 
    6. I am grateful for warm, sunshiny days in December
    7. I am grateful for snow and the way it makes everything white
    8. I am grateful for waterfalls and the music-like sounds that they create
    9. I am grateful for flowers, especially the arrangements on temple grounds
    10. I am grateful for the stars, because they are a testament of the Lord's infinite power and creation

  5. Write 10 things about today you are grateful for.
    1. I am grateful for the sacrament
    2. I am grateful for Paul Cardall's church hymns
    3. I am grateful for my new Kensie Girl heels because they are actually comfortable to walk in
    4. I am grateful for my pea coat, because it started to snow
    5. I am grateful for the prayer of fasting and its power
    6. I am grateful for honesty, and the importance of it
    7. I am grateful for the heater in my apartment
    8. I am grateful for the power of testimony, and the knowledge that my Savior lives
    9. I am grateful for Sunday naps
    10. I am grateful for love, and joy, and happiness
  6.  
    Write 10 places on earth you are grateful for.
    1. I am grateful for a red brick house in Purcell, Oklahoma with a big dog running around outside, because my family is there and I love to be home
    2. I am grateful for visits to Phoenix, and spending time with my mom and dad, and brother and sister
    3. I am grateful for Hooper, UT and the friends and family that I have there
    4. I am grateful for the temple, because it is the House of the Lord
    5. I am grateful for the Center for Service and Learning, because of the people that gather there
    6. I am grateful for Cozumel, Mexico, because I love to vacation there with my awesome family
    7. I am grateful for Boney Matthews Fieldhouse, because I grew up playing basketball there. 
    8. I am grateful for the Savage's home, and the time Jena and I spent there with Elizabeth
    9. I am grateful to live in America, and have the rights and freedoms that I take for granted everyday
    10. I am grateful for Nauvoo, Illinois and the foundations that were built there

  7. Write 10 modern inventions you are grateful for.
    1. I am grateful for my car
    2. I am grateful for my cell phone
    3. I am grateful for my computer
    4. I am grateful for the LDS.org website
    5. I am grateful for Mormon Messages- they are addicting
    6. I am grateful for microwaves, because I like hot pockets
    7. I am grateful for the smart phone, because I can always be in contact with my Program Directors
    8. I am grateful for new medicines, because they can save lives
    9. I am grateful for smart sewing machines, because I love to sew!
    10. I am grateful for hairdryers, because I hate wet hair. 

  8. Write 10 foods you are grateful for.
    1. I am grateful for pizz
    2. and chocolate chip cookies
    3. and 7-11 hot chocolate with marshmallows
    4. and chicken
    5. and tomato basil soup
    6. and grilled cheese
    7. and Railhead's cheeseburgers and char fries
    8. and Mexican Food
    9. and Greek Yogurt and pumkin flax granola
    10. and cereal, because who doesn't love cereal?! 

  9. Write 10 things about the gospel you are grateful for.
    1. I am grateful for prayer and the tremendous power it plays, even within a moment
    2. I am grateful for the Prophet, Thomas S. Monson and the way that he leads and loves the people
    3. I am grateful for Jesus Christ's example of "the one" and how we should love and serve others
    4. I am grateful for Mosiah 2:17- "When you are in the service of your fellow beings, you are only in the service of your God."
    5. I am grateful for the promised joy that I experience when I make righteous decisions
    6. I am grateful for the members of the church and the power in numbers
    7. I am grateful for missionary work, and the dedication of full-time missionaries
    8. I am grateful for the temple covenants and the work that is done in the temple
    9. I am grateful for eternal families, and the opportunity I will have to be sealed to my own family
    10. I am grateful for the atonement, and the knowledge that Christ is with me through it all- trials, heartache, and most importantly the happy times
When we make a list like this, we discover that a list of 100 doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of all the things God has given us. 
DO IT- IT WILL MAKE YOU SO HAPPY

2 comments:

  1. Deceaced people... number seven... I agree avidly...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good ol' Heath! He was beautiful, and charming!

    ReplyDelete